SMS Marketing In Spain:Stay Compliant With Regulations and Boost Engagement
The Agencia Espaola de Protección de Datos (AEPD) regulates SMS regulations in Spain. AEPD ensures that electronic communications are in accordance with data protection and anti-spam legislation.
Country code -; ES
Calling code -; +34
Mobile number portability (MNP) -; Yes
Mobile Country Codes(MCC) -; 214
The four main mobile carriers in Spain are Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, and Yoigo.
Regulations and Best Practices For Sending SMS in Spain
- Full dynamic (Alphanumeric-Numeric-Short Code) SenderIDs are allowed in all Spanish network
- Send marketing messages only to users who have previously given their consent.
- Send transactional messages only to users with whom you have a business relationship or who have opted in to receive them.
- It is recommended to display the URL and toll-free number for opt-out, opt-out via the website, or reply to SMS free of charge.
- Political, religious, unsolicited, or gambling content is not allowed.
- The best strategy is to communicate only during the day time unless it is urgent.
- SMS campaigns should include HELP/STOP messages in the user's native language.
- Do not contact users on do-not-call or do-not-disturb registries