SMS AS A COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
SMS is the communication method of choice in the education industry. SMS and text messaging can be used to provide educational services to a huge number of people. This is because they are simple to use and have technology interaction capabilities. Not all schools have good internet, and even in those that do, some teachers are not tech-savvy and are uncomfortable using computers. SMS and text messages are excellent ways for students to remain informed about what's going on at school.
Why is SMS the most effective way of communicating in the educational industry?
According to statistics, there are more than 3 billion mobile phone owners worldwide. The majority of mobile phone users only make use of basic features, like voice communication and SMS. SMS technology is a trusted form of communication that is well-liked by mobile phone users. It has gained popularity as a method of communication all over the world, even in less developed nations.
Let us examine some advantages of SMS over other communication channels.
● SMS is the school's quick and efficient method of communicating with parents, students, and teachers.
● SMS technology can solve the issue of parental Internet access availability.
● The school administration can easily distribute news to a specific group of people using the SMS system.
● SMS is an easy way to reach a large audience with urgent information, such as closings and cancellations of classes due to unforeseeable emergencies.
● It's a fantastic way to build connections with students, parents, and staff.
● SMS messages can be sent at any time, day or night, with no time or space restrictions.
● SMS systems help parents and students prepare for any event or activity in advance by providing them with the necessary information.
● With a paperless solution, SMS technology also persuades society to support green technology.
● Automated SMS notifications are possible, and old messages are kept in the recipient's inbox until they are deleted
● Communicating via SMS can be more cost-effective than calling. Schools can cut a significant amount of money from their budget by grouping their audience into lists or groups and easily reaching them via SMS rather than calling.
● SMS notifications for schools help decrease late applications for new students, absences from crucial school events, and late tuition fee payments, among other things.
What are the use cases of SMS as a Communication channel in the education sector?
The technology is being used by colleges and universities for a variety of purposes. Educational institutions can send SMS alerts to a large group of people, such as students, parents, teachers, guardians, non-teaching personnel, and school administrators. The schools use it to disseminate critical updates, alerts, and notifications. It is also used to market their institutes to increase admissions, in addition to disseminating important updates.
Some of the use cases of SMS technology in Education are as follows.
● Welcome/Courteous messages
● Reminders to submit and collect assignments
● Notices of pertinent lectures and activities
● Messages to absentees
● Instructions for submitting assignments
● Notices of changes and cancellations of class
● Send homework assignments
● Send reminders for the presentation's time and date.
● Reminding students of the assessment deadline
● SMS technology is effective for language learning, such as vocabulary learning.
● Schools can use SMS to notify parents of their children's test results and grades on each assessment.
●Distance Education - SMS is a dependable and widely used technology that gives distance learners the chance to interact and engage with their instructors and fellow students. By providing links to grades or course information
● Quick messages can be sent by schools to notify parents of any unpaid fees as well as notifications relating to tuition fees.
● Notifications about parent-teacher meetings
● Send out suggestions and details about extracurricular activities at school that might require parental consent, and make sure permission forms are received.
● Send SMS alerts and notices that require immediate action. For instance, a school might be closed as a result of unforeseeable events like inclement weather, accidents, and leaves.
● Send event notices, such as the date, time, and location of various sporting and cultural events, via alerts.
● Send out library information, such as notices of book reservations, renewals, and overdue reminders.
● Reminders about holidays and festivals
The SMS-based education system has become increasingly popular all over the world because it is convenient for students and teachers alike
D7 Networks: A one-stop SMS API destination
The SMS services that D7 uses make several direct connections and follow high-quality routes to ensure that their client’s messages are delivered to their mobile handsets in a reliable and prompt manner. A few salient features of D7 Network’s SMS API gateway are direct connections, a high delivery rate, and reliable, cost-effective, instant, and global connectivity with 24/7 support.